Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default 5 acres for septic???....was.. Zone question

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:14:09 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

SNIP
....... One acre minimum lot size. Five
acre minimum for a septic.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Can't answer your question (my usual state for replies), but the post
does bring up a question for me...Why 5 acres to have a septic system,
and what do you require for waste if you have less than that?? Is it
the local strata?

We are situated on 27 feet of sand, and have a 120' X 160' lot, and we
are on septic as is the whole town (poupation 1,000 people, approx.
450 homes).

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

No, it is the local government wanting to keep this a rural town and keep
out the developers who would put rows upon rows of cookie cutter houses
needing an expensive sewer line. They have things just like they like them,
and they are not going to let them change. Currently, one cannot get a
commercial or manufacturing license. Home occupancy permits are the only
thing being granted. We are stuck in time, and like it.

Steve