Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT - Seriously misleading ad

Red wrote in news:bfe13818-3a31-4326-b926-
:

A recent ad for Sylvania auto headlight bulbs showed their product "a"
is 30% brighter*, "b" is 35% brighter, and "c" is 50% brighter*. When
you look at the fine print for * you find the statement "comparisons
made with Sylvania products at 100% light output and standard halogen
bulbs at 80% light output."
Well duh!! Can't say it was false advertizing since they admitted the
flawed test, but unless you read the fine print it sure was
misleading.

Remember a cartoon I saw long ago. Presenter showing charts in a business
meeting. Caption something like:

Good news. We're 90% right 25% of the time.