Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Wireless Security Systems

Per Robert Macy:
Anybody have experience with wireless security 4+ camera systems ?

Are these systems 'bluetooth' and fight for throughput?

Good ones for outdoor use?

Any URL with a block diagram?

I know, but google returns sales and eBay and Amazon, not information.

I'm far from an expert - in fact I have been trying to climb the
same learning curve for over a year now.

Having said that....

Look at band width/resolution. My experience so far has been
that wireless cams (WiFi is the only method I've looked at) just
don't return good enough motion or detail to be useful.

Accordingly, I have been focusing on IP cams that work over
hard-wired Ethernet.

For allowing one to view cameras from afar, besides hooking into
the camera's native web page, the only app I have found so far
that seems to do the trick is WebCamXP.

--
PeteCresswell