Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Half done hooking up compressor in the factory

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:33:50 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:33:18 -0700, "Bruce L. Bergman (munged human
readable)" wrote:

And you don't put Any plain couplings At All in the new Black Steel
Pipe mainline - they're all Tees with the unused spigot pointing up
and plugged. That way you don't have to take the whole thing apart
again if you want to add a drop. Threaded Pipe is always a pain in
the arse that way.

All tees? Good idea!

Me, I'd use Brazed Copper all the way - you want to add a tee, it's
not an issue. Cut and braze when and where needed. And make the taps
go UP the same way, so any water that condenses out gets left behind.

Why black pipe? We're not doing nat. gas here. I used all 3/4"
galv steel for my main and 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 tee's UP, then two 90 deg
street el's and 1/2" down to my outlet, ball valve and Q/C.

Galv flakes a lot. I hope you use a FLR on each drop, with or without
lube. F'rinstance http://goo.gl/2yi3z .

Sch 40 pipe will be expensivce enough, copper would require another
mortgage.

C'mon now. Iggy bought that property from pocket cash.
Or one month's Google ad income would pay for the pipe job.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson