Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Electrical switch question

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:28:52 -0400, John Gilmer
wrote:

On 10/5/2011 12:25 PM, micky wrote:
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:30:38 -0700 (PDT), millinghill
wrote:

Jumpering the 'stat with a switch may be the easiest.-

Agreed, but then I'd need two wall switches. Ughh.

BTW, how do you expect to do another thing without another swtich?

What the situation calls for is a single pole, double throw switch with
"Center OFF."

You're right!!!

Thanks.

P&M?

I haven't seen them offered in the form factor of standard 120 volt
toggle switches but I have seen them in the form that mounts in a 1/2"
hole in sheet metal.

BUT "you made me look."

Check out the Levitor 5685-2A. It's a single-pole, double throw,
center off, maintained contact Decora switch.

It might be on the expensive side but with one switch you can choose:
ON, OFF, Thermostat.