Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Free Agent?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:02:20 -0500, Richard
wrote:

So far I've just been killing threads that had any kinds of alt. or
politics cross posing in them,

There are simply too many loons starting too many new threads every day
to keep up any more.

They seem to think it's perfectly ok to cross post to non related groups
and aren't going to quit any time soon.

I thought I would try Free Agent and see what it's like, but the Free
part seems to have disappeared. Agent 6 looks to be a "trial" run for
30 days only.

What would be a good free reader that provides newsgroup filtering that
works? Tbird 6.0 absolutely sucks.

Suck it up and get out a credit card. Agent works like a Timex -
Takes a Lickin' and Keeps On Tickin'.

The same people who complained that they weren't going to buy Agent
1.0 because they wouldn't be around long to support it, and it would
never get updated and upgraded...

Are the same people still bitching about "the Cost!!" trying to save
the $30 for a full copy, or $5 -10 - 15 for an upgrade. Gawdddd. _

They "break" Usenet with new features like encryptions and newer
formats and compressions, Agent has an upgrade out before it goes
live. Same thing with the changes they've made in Binaries. You have
a Support problem, they're right there.

-- Bruce --