Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Some metal questions

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

The pieces are 84" x 44".

Imagine a sheet of corrugated laying flat on the concrete. That's the
way it has to end up vertical on the face framework. So, I can't use
anything deeper than the sheet's profile is tall.

Steve

You can't just wrap two chain or cable slings around it? 1/8" steel weighs
5 lbs per square foot so the sheets are only around 150Lbs.

jsw

I was actually thinking of a spreader bar with two chains and two grab hooks
lifting the bottom edge. Then at the top, drilling two very small holes and
tying the sheet to a link at the top. Lift, position, tek, plug weld, cut
wires, drop strain on chains.

I'm trying to think this through, as I am going to probably be doing it by
myself, and don't want any catastrophes. I can enlist some help, but
sometimes, they are more of a hindrance than a help. I really do not have
any buddies who have my metalworking experience.

It's also a 40' run, and I want the ribs on the top extension parapet to
align with the bottom ridges, so it may take a little fiddling.

Sure glad when this mofo is finished. Well, closed up wind and rain
resistant.

Steve