Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

Robert Green wrote:

Heh! It took the Roman Empire longer to fall than the United States
has been in existence. We have, by that measure, a couple of hundred
years before the end.

Uh oh! We're being HeyBubbed again!

I get my information off of the internet!

"This slow decline occurred over a period of approximately 320 years,
culminating on September 4, 476, when Romulus Augustus, the last Emperor of
the Western Roman Empire, was deposed by Odoacer, a Germanic chieftain."

Life and events in ancient Rome could move no faster than the speed
of the fastest horse. Things move quite a bit more quickly now.
Total, world-ending war could take place in just a few hours nowadays
with nuclear weapons. Your "measures" and extrapolations are both
bogus. Life moves much more quickly these days than in ancient Rome.

A knife thrust into the belly of the emperor is considerably faster than the
fastest horse, even faster than the internet.

How long did the English Empire last? According to your metrics, it
should be still a healthy, powerful world entity.

Huh? I didn't say that or even intimate it.

What we actually have is Harry and Company. Not very much a threat to the
world.