Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Leaf blowers

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:15:35 -0400, "Eddie" wrote:

I'm trying to justify buying the Stihl 600 backpack blower.

You need it. it is that simple.g

Thought I'd
save by cleaning my own gutters twice a year, by getting the gutter
attachment. They don't make a gutter cleaning tool for backback blowers.
Went on YouTube, seen someone made one for a single story out of 4" sewer
pipe. I'd like to do a 2 story home.

Mine is made from 3" PVC that is screwed to a shopvac gutter cleaner.
I've adapted it to hook onto my Stihl handheld.

At the dealer, they told me to buy a handheld Stihl, then get the gutter
attachments.

I really want to spoil myself with the 600. Any suggestions on how to make
a functional attachment, which won't fly apart when hooked up to a backpack
blower?

Couple sheetmetal screws in the joints will do it.

I don't own a backpack blower- but a decent one will move twice the
leaves a handheld will [and wet ones, too]. If you can afford it, go
for it. The whole idea is to make life easier. Make it as easy as
you can.

Jim