Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aimless Obama walks alone

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:37:13 -0700 (PDT), PerryPeterPuller
wrote:

Obama is said to be seriously considering announcing that he will
withdraw from the 2012 presidential election.

Following is, purportedly, a draft speech under consideration by the
president. This draft was leaked by unnamed administration personnel
who claim its is genuine.

---------------------

"After carefully considering this decision, and discussing it with my
family and close associates, I take this route, not because I do not
think I can win the election. And not because I don't feel I am
capable of performing my executive duties as your president.

I do it in the best interests of America.

The continuing inability and unwillingness of our political parties to
agree to or at least compromise on measures to help our nation through
its myriad problems, domestic and foreign, have caused what I believe
is a sclerotic and intransigent schism in our government that defy
solutions at this time.

Therefore, I am discontinuing my campaign for reelection, and will
transfer my support to the Democratic candidate I feel can forge a
coalition of lawmakers capable of getting our country back on track
toward world leadership and national security.

I assure each and every citizen that I will continue to perform my
sworn duties as president and will continue to work to meet the
challenges we face to the best of my ability. I ask for your help and
guidance as together we move America forward.

May God grant us the strength and fortitude we need to achieve our
goals as a unified people."

POP And then, the beautiful, moving, and hopeful dream ended.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson