Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
A vehicle with power steering is far heavier to steer when the
assistance fails than the same vehicle fitted without power steering.

No **** sherlock

It doesn't seem to have occurred to most. And I also doubt many have had
the opportunity to do this comparison. I have.

Well so have I. RAF Land Rover Defenders playing on their off-road
course, one with PS one without. Sure the one without was a bit heavier
but even the girls could drive it around without too much trouble.

Perhaps I explained it badly. Have you tried a power steering one with the
power assistance not working? That is *way* heavier than the non PS
version - even when the gearing is similar. Due, I assume, to the friction
of the seals, etc.

--
*Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled*

Dave Plowman London SW