Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
harry wrote:

All empires fail from within. The collapse will take a few years but
is inevitable. No empire has ever suceeded in recovering from it's
decline.The rats/wealthy will fight for scraps seeking to preserve
their positions with no regard to the less well off. There's gonna be
a "Winter of discontent". Probably a few of them.

Heh! It took the Roman Empire longer to fall than the United States has

been
in existence. We have, by that measure, a couple of hundred years before

the
end.

Uh oh! We're being HeyBubbed again!

Life and events in ancient Rome could move no faster than the speed of the
fastest horse. Things move quite a bit more quickly now. Total,
world-ending war could take place in just a few hours nowadays with nuclear
weapons. Your "measures" and extrapolations are both bogus. Life moves
much more quickly these days than in ancient Rome.

How long did the English Empire last? According to your metrics, it should
be still a healthy, powerful world entity. What we actually have is Harry
and Company. Not very much a threat to the world.

--
Bobby G.