Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default What price for replacing combi boiler and power flush

On Oct 10, 8:18*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Steve Lewis wrote:
What sort of price should I expect to pay for replacing my old baxi
combi boiler with a worcester condensing combi?

I expect I will need a power flush also.

I live in East Kent.

It will almost certainly be just a swap with no complications.

I shall be purchasing the boiler myself.

Is it likely to take a day?
Or longer?

one long hard or a couple of more relaxed ones at a guess.

the concept of no complications is unknown in DIY.

Steve...............- Hide quoted text -

British Gas quoted me about 5 K for replacing an old back boiler with
a comi in the place of the old hot water tank and a cheapo fire in the
living room, plus one replacement radiator that leaks and flushing.
This was a few months ago, but I did not take up the offer, it sounded
a lot to me. It is still all working OK and so I shall put it off in
the hope that I can get some sort of grant.

Regards George.