Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
I have towed and have been towed by rope, I prefer to be the tug.
When being towed you are *very* close to the tug and really have to
concentrate looking past the tug so you can anticipate the tug
slowing and keep the rope taught. The tug just (ha!) has to
remember that the rope might be slack and pull off very gently
until they feel the weight come on or can see that the towed
vehicle is moving.

As I said, both drivers must know what they're doing.

Hardly the case when I needed towing halfway across the country

soon picked it up, hardly rocket science

more of a case of ****wits need not apply, I think

You re all turning into Dennis clones, I fear

They are starting to realise how stupid you and a few of the others
are. Next you will be saying its OK to ram others while towing if
they aren't doing 90 mph.

Why dont you go and set fire to an induction hob?

--
Adam