Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small Welding Thingy!

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 20:12:41 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

TrailRat wrote:
OK, I'm not sure of the proper title for this particular machine but I've seen them around and I'm hoping you can give me the proper British name of the machine.

Usually bench mounted and small for a welding unit. And I've seen them used to weld small chain links or pieces of mesh, simply by the act of lining up the link or mesh and pressing down on the top briefly.

Have I dreamed this bit of kit or does it actually exist?

A spot welder possibly, I've got one similar to these
http://www.tecna.net/index.php?optio...id=124&lang=en
or
http://www.toolbaydirect.co.uk/catal...n-240v/165692/
for a bit shorter URL or http://www.diywelding.co.uk/?i=39471