Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

On 10/10/2011 00:37, geoff wrote:
In message , Clive
George writes
On 07/10/2011 17:09, Alan Braggins wrote:
In articleH86dna7FUoe5vBLTnZ2dnUVZ8uidnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk, Clive
George wrote:
I've been towed on a rope and on a rigid bar. The former experience was
much better - partly because it all took place a lot slower, partly
because there was a bigger gap and I could actually see what was going
on. The longer the rope, the better.

Why was it happening much slower? (I've done both and found that not
having
to worry about slack with the bar more than made up for it not being
as long.)

Because the bar tow was from an AA man who'd done it a lot before and
had other stuff to do, but the rope was from a friend who'd not done
it nearly as much (if at all) but could afford to take his time about it.

I think the lack of visibility was the main difference - all I could
see was the back of a yellow van with flashing lights.

Or rather ...

one had plenty of experience, the other hadn't

And the guy without the experience worried me less.