Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on thehorizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

On 10/8/2011 7:55 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

On 10/8/2011 7:02 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in

and literally thousands of
other examples of frivolous, 'bridges to nowhere' spending of
taxpayers money, the government, instead of a mandate, would do well
to make Gass an offer he couldn't refuse and put the patent in the
public domain.

I wish that could work, but I think it'll take a Warren Buffett to do
that. At least, I haven't heard of the goverment doing anything like
that.

The government has indeed bought patents that deal with military
technology.

Military technologies are different from things only (sic) affecting
single proprietors and hobbyists none of whom deal with OSHA.

Your question addressed the possibility/mechanism, not the purpose.

It is possible, it has been done, and there is NO reason why it can't be
done.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010