Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Swingman wrote in
:

On 10/8/2011 7:02 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in

and literally thousands of
other examples of frivolous, 'bridges to nowhere' spending of
taxpayers money, the government, instead of a mandate, would do well
to make Gass an offer he couldn't refuse and put the patent in the
public domain.

I wish that could work, but I think it'll take a Warren Buffett to do
that. At least, I haven't heard of the goverment doing anything like
that.

The government has indeed bought patents that deal with military
technology.

Military technologies are different from things only (sic) affecting
single proprietors and hobbyists none of whom deal with OSHA.

As far as putting it in the public domain, nothing difficult about it:

"If an inventor has an issued patent, there are several ways to
release it to the public domain (other than simply letting it expire).
First, he can fail to pay the maintenance fee the next time it is due,
about every four years. Alternatively he can file a terminal
disclaimer under 37 CFR 1.321 for a reasonable fee. The regulations
explicitly say that the "patentee may disclaim or dedicate to the
public the entire term, or any terminal part of the term, of the
patent granted. Such disclaimer is binding upon the grantee and its
successors or assigns."

As I said, someone like Warren Buffett should make Gass an offer he
couldn't refuse.

If a clowngress critter can orchestrate mandating that you buy private
insurance, surely the bar is low enough for even a clown to leap this
concept in a single bound.

LOL

--
Best regards