Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 8, 1:50 pm, Gerald wrote:

This may be the beginning of the end of reasonably priced table saws for
occasional users like me. I still have my hand saws.

They're dangerous, too. A common injury back in the day was
"carpenter's thumb". That's where the saw jumped the kerf and bit
into the back of the thumb and cut the tendon.

It still works! Somewhere I learned to use my left thumb to guide the
saw at the start of the cut. I got an entra lesson for the small cost of
a band-aid and I will henceforth hold that thumb higher.

I'm on the verge of getting some wood carving gouges. I wonder what they
will teach me...lol. I read a good tip yesterday, "Never catch a
falling gouge...stitches are even more expensive".

That left the poor sod
with a thumb that could be flexed but not straightened.