Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default new kitchen faucet time

When I re-did the kitchen 6 years ago I bought a pullout, filtered,
Moen single-handle faucet. Within a year it worked like crap & when
I finally got around to calling Moen for a replacement they didn't
make them anymore. They were willing to send me a different faucet--
but I wasn't that impressed with Moen or their design so I said
no-thanks.

So I got a $120 Price Pfister pullout [no filter] that has looked and
worked fine for 3 years. But now it is beginning to catch a bit
when it swivels, so I'm shopping again.

I am *not* fond of those 'stylish' monstrosities that seem to be
popular. Pullout is a must. A filter would be nice. [although
I'm considering getting an under sink filter and putting in a separate
faucet]

I've looked at Price Pfister, Delta, and American Standard's site--
and browsed through faucetdepot.com, amazon, and efaucet.com--

Nothing is really impressing me so far. Does anyone have a
suggestion-- or maybe something their faucet has that if I knew it was
available I couldn't live without it?

Jim