Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_3_] Rick Hughes[_3_] is offline

Default A dangerous experiment?

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
Rick Hughes wrote:

What I am thinking of doing is removing the ceiling rose
on one of the affected lights,
and adding a temporary connection to a power socket.

Is this a dangerous experiment?

Why not simply give the room a couple of standard lamps plugged into AC
sockets until you can get around to fixing.

The room most affected is the bathroom;
and putting a standard lamp in there seemed to me more dangerous
than what I am suggesting.

Then if it is a bathroom ... that is a non-no

Personally I would not advise a bodge on any bathroom cct .... do it right
or use battery powered lights until you can .... B&Q sell ones designed for
lofts & under stairs ...