Marc Lee

Default Re-decorating Wall

(brucej) wrote in message om...
We are currently re-decorating our house. This is our first house so
we are very new to it all. We plan to remove wall paper and dado
rails and paint the wall a plain colour eg off white.

Removing the wallpaper has been a lot easier than we anticipated, but
the wall underneath has very small dents and chips in the paint. Is
there an easy way to improve these... they look too small for filler.
Would covering with a liner paper before painting help. Is there any
paint that would help fill the dents and chips, or are we now
committed to having the wall replastered.

would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

regards
Bruce

Just doing the same.

Lots of sanding, Pollyfilla where possible, then about to apply a coat
of Polycell Basecoat (see my post last week) to try and cover up the
worst of the imperfections.

Good luck
Marc