Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Narcissism Capitol of the World...

Bummer wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:28:59 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:27:35 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:01:49 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Narcissism Capitol of the World...

http://tinyurl.com/3vazgwj
"Land of the Free," my ass.

'Land of the Freaks' is more like it.

I grew up in the south, living with mud, sweat, bugs, ragweed pollen,
bad tasting water, dumb rednecks, and corrupt cops. See the HBO series
"Treme". When TANO Corp fired me - best day of my life - I started
researching America... traveling, reading books, subscribing to
newspapers, going to job interviews. I picked San Francisco, with
Portland runner-up. Packed all my stuff into my MG Midget and headed
West. It was a step function of life getting better.

Freaks? By your standards, probably so. SF is jammed with smart,
creative, energetic, athletic, multiracial, often quirky people. And
wonderful women. It's physically intricate and spectacular. It's a
hotbed of technology: silicon, biotech, software.

How's the temperature down there? It's going to be warm here today,
high of 68F predicted. We're headed up into the mountains, where I
plan to snow ski on the 4th of July. Freaky!

After I rented my first apartment here, I was alarmed to find that
there was no air conditioning and no window screens. Didn't need them.

If you prefer living in a flat swamp or a bleak desert, that's your
choice. We are the freaks, and you are the people who stayed behind.

As far as the Board of Stupidvisors goes, we're happy for them to
debate goldfish. Keeps them from passing more serious laws, 98% of
which we'd ignore anyhow.

This is Harry Street, which is actually just a wooden staircase; 237
steps, by my count. I can't imagine how the people who live on Harry
deal with groceries and refrigerators and pianos.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Harry_1.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Harry_2.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Harry_3.jpg

John

Tried to look at these, says they all have errors and can not be displayed.

No problem here..