Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
legg legg is offline

Default Another Mechanical Problem

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:33:22 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

In the 51 years we've been married, Naomi and I have hardly been apart
more than few days at a time.

However my planned trips to SE Asia and elsewhere present some
logistics problems...

My wife is petite, 5'1", and I need some way for her to lift this
lid...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/AquariumLid.pdf

to feed the fish in our sal****er aquarium.

Very heavy, with attached lighting. So heavy it stresses my own
rotator cuffs :-( Recessed, so, right now, I lift it first with my
thumbs.

Any ideas? Maybe a lead screw? No room inside the hood, so it needs
to be external.

Larkin should butt out of the conversation and tend to his carpal
tunnel from emulating Anthony Little Weiner ;-)

...Jim Thompson

How tall is the lid?

- A loop in the center, permanently affixed, to shove a stick into.
The longer the stick, the less lifting effort, but the larger the
travel.

- A smaller hole or trap in the lid to drop pinches of food through.

RL