Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Another Mechanical Problem

In the 51 years we've been married, Naomi and I have hardly been apart
more than few days at a time.

However my planned trips to SE Asia and elsewhere present some
logistics problems...

My wife is petite, 5'1", and I need some way for her to lift this
lid...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/AquariumLid.pdf

to feed the fish in our sal****er aquarium.

Very heavy, with attached lighting. So heavy it stresses my own
rotator cuffs :-( Recessed, so, right now, I lift it first with my
thumbs.

Any ideas? Maybe a lead screw? No room inside the hood, so it needs
to be external.

Larkin should butt out of the conversation and tend to his carpal
tunnel from emulating Anthony Little Weiner ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |