Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Remote Access?

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:07:21 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

I know from nothing about networks. Mainly what I want to do is read
and reply to E-mail; though I might want to run PSpice at some point
in time.

I've occasionally wished that there were a Usenet (NNTP) reader that would
automatically synchronize across multiple computers. AFAIK, though, no such
program exists, unfortunately.

---Joel

Indeed!

...Jim Thompson

Assuming I understand the question !!!!!!!

Yup, can be done., Just a server installed on the main machine that will
respond to the NNTP port and redirect in/out to local and remote
machines from a list of IP addresses.

No modes needed in any client software. Just a server operating on the
machine that has the actual connect to the NNTP..

Jamie