Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Remote Access?

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
On Tue, 31 May 2011 07:52:25 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Martin Riddle wrote:

Logmein, www.logmein.com

It should work with your router. And there's a free version, less
some advanced control you might not need.
It's the best of the bunch.

I use Logmein Hamachi to access home from my netbook. It's installed
in a
folder on my encrypted drive (Truecrypt) to keep anyone who might find
or
steal the netbook from accessing my home. Yet I can't seem to find
exactly
where it keeps it's hashed key for the VPN. I wish the thing prompted
for a
password before opening the connection.

What are the differences between LogMeIn Hamachi and LogMeIn Free?

...Jim Thompson

Hamachi has a VPN. It depends upon what you need to do. Do you need
access to files and such or just remote control?
The 'Free' is remote conntrol. There is a 'Pro' version that will allow
transfering files. And then Hamachi, which I found over kill.
We use the Pro version for serviceing clients. It'll connect as long as
the customer has internet access, eliminating router issues.

For the office I have OpenVPN setup, and tightVNC. But it requires a
good knowledge of networking to get working.

Cheers