Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Remote Access?

In article ,
Joe Chisolm wrote:

Are any of you using remote access to your home or work computer?

I'd like to access my office PC while I'm out of town.

Issues:

Cox using dynamic IP addressing

I have 5 PC's behind a Barricade Router

Recommendations?

Have a look at openvpn. I use it exactly for what you want other than
I have a static IP. But I'm pretty sure openvpn can handle dynamic ip. I
have several clients that use it for employee/consultant access.

Agreed - OpenVPN with suitable security certs can work very well
indeed.

Since your home system is assigned a dynamic IP address, you may want
to use a service such as dyndns.org - this will let you refer to your
home-network gateway/router via a domain name which you can "re-point"
rapidly if your ISP forces your router over to a different dynamic IP
address.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO