Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Peters Jerry Peters is offline

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

In sci.electronics.repair Trevor Wilson wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

snip

I've just lost the will to live ...

Take two kill filters and call me in the morning.

--

OK Michael, will do !

I just can't quite understand how 1000+ dissenting voices (links to
government papers citing this previously supplied by Jeff L) from the
same scientific world as the scientists advocating that the problem
is man-made in the first place, can possibly represent "a handful of
people" that are "religious nutters" (!!) or "employed by the fossil
fuel lobby".

**Because a 1000+ dissenting scientists is a MINISCULE proportion of all
those who hold degrees in science. Utterly insignificant, in fact. Think
MILLIONS. In any case, the only opinions of interest are those who are those
who are credentialled in the area of climatology. I see no reference to the
credentials of these alleged "1,000 scientists" BTW. They could, like
Spencer, be 'Creation Scientists'. Will you throw your weight behind Spencer
and his odd-ball ideas?

If that many of them really represent just a handful,
there must then be millions of climatologists in the world,

**There isn't. There are not very many climatologists.

and they
must all be speaking somehow with the same voice.

**97% are. 3% dispute the science. Spencer (the religious nutter that denies
Darwin's seminal work) is one of the most vocal. That should tell you all
you need to know.

Did you actually look at that study? After a thorough torturing of the
data to get the desired conclusion, they ended up with *79* "climate
scientists". A perfect example of cherry picking!

Even the sacred
IPCC hasn't got that many climatologists on its panel,

**So?

and still
fewer among its peer reviewers that Trevor is so fond of quoting, as
apparently, there is no actual requirement to be qualified in that
discipline, and the main criteria for acceptance onto the peer review
panel, is to be invited by some (like-minded) person already on it.

Try this: http://judithcurry.com/2011/10/06/ip...ussion-thread/
Note that Judith Curry is chair of atmospheric physics at GA Tech.

**I'm reasonably certain that religious fruit looks, like Spencer, have
automatically disqualified themselves, due to their insistence that the fact
of evolution is bunk and that the only form of acceptable funding comes from
Exxon.

You should be, since you are one.

Jerry