Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Serious Question for Leftists

On 05/26/2011 08:34 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Serious Question for Leftists...

There are literally thousands of judicial decisions out there, by
left-leaning judges, who decided cases based on "warm-and-fuzzy"
rather than the law.

I'd like citations of right-leaning judges twisting the interpretation
of the law.

Really!

No fuzzy-mouthed statements of your own opinion, quote me real
judicial decisions.

I can't tell you the case numbers, but there were two guys in Texas,
both charged with pulling the trigger in a murder case. Went to trial
separately. First guy got convicted, second guy's lawyer said "you've
proved that my client's finger wasn't on the trigger, you can't say that
again". No go -- judge let it happen, then it was upheld. IIRC, all
the way to the Supreme Court.

Two guys. One bullet. One trigger. Two 1st-degree murder convictions,
gained by putting the suspect's finger on the trigger. The SAME DA in
both cases. One of those convictions was obviously bogus.

But that's OK -- no prosecuting attorneys or judges had _their_ rights
diminished. Only the rest of us.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services