Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_5_] Oppie[_5_] is offline

Default Recycling electronic waste.

"Ian Field" wrote in message
Taking your e-waste to the council tip doesn't allways mean it will be
recycled in a lawful manner!

My town had an interesting take on recycling - the take it or leave it shed.
Located near the entrance to the town landfill, this is an alternative to
the big box previously used for disposing of electronic waste.
http://cityofwhiteplains.com/dataima...nd_Opening.pdf
The 'shed' is little more than a fancy façade.

I was dropping off some yard debris a few weeks ago, before the shed
officially opened. Saw some nice Harmon-Kardon speakers in the recycling
trailer. Was attempting to liberate them when the supervisor threatened to
call the cops if I took anything... go figure.

Speaking of cops (and waste), my esteem for them took a big hit last week.
City has a 'pooper scooper' law where you must pick up after your pets lest
you get a $125 fine. I was out walking my Cocker Spaniels when I saw a guy
on the next block not pick up after his Labrador. After having several
folks blame me for not picking up (I always carry bags and use them), got
angry and called the cops. Didn't expect that they would take my word of
descriptions and house they went into but figured that at least they would
issue a warning. No such luck. If the officer doesn't witless the offense,
nothing happens. Finally told the cop on the phone to bugger off (in as many
words).