Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Gerald Ross[_3_] Gerald Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Basswood differences

Paul wrote:
The piece on the right I bought at Rockler, the left piece I ordered on
line. The Rockler piece seems tighter, or finer grained. For what I do with
it, drill holes basically, the holes are much, much, smoother and cleaner.
Is the difference in this wood due to moisture during growing, how fast it
grows, or something else. The online ordered basswood may be fine for
carving, I dunno, but for me, it's junk.

Thanks,
Paul

I've bought and whittled a lot of basswood. Never seen a shaggy piece
like the one on the left.

--
Gerald Ross

What's a nice girl like you doing in a