Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Whirlwind....

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:52:23 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
If I owned Saw Stop I'd be worried! Some of you likely already saw
this...for those that didn't this is a device that is re-settable and
can be installed on a table saw, a band saw etc. I understand that with
the Saw Stop, onc it's activated, you have to replace the cartridge and
it's not cheap.

Why would you be worried about owning a Saw Stop? Yes you have to
replace the cartridge and blade, $200 but how often do you actually
touch the blade now? And if you do have to replace the blade and
cartridge it is better than the alternative event that it prevented.

I believe he was talking about Steven Gass, the inventor who owns the
Sawstop company. A new technology like this could possibly put Saw
Stop out of business.