Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?

These things are pricey, with even the cheaper folding ones starting at
± US$ 150, and many of them seem to be a bit fussy to install on
different saws.

Having moved and reconfigured the shop, I needed something quick to get
a job done, so here's my minimalist version, made from scraps and one
ripped in half tubafour, that uses French cleats to attach to my Unisaw:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai.../OutfeedTable#

You can add, as I did, folding legs brackets and levelers to get you
started, bringing the price up to a whooping $25.

Although it works fine just as it is, eventually one would want to add
aprons to stiffen the top and route dadoes for the miter gauge slide, etc.

Since it did the intended job admirably and with spades, I'll probably
keep it and spiff it up a bit.

(And no, C-Less, Festool does not make one!)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Attached Thumbnails
Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?-outfeedtable-jpg  Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?-outfeedtable2-jpg  Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?-outfeedtable1-jpg