Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Josepi[_17_] Josepi[_17_] is offline

Default second cabinet lower section complete (1/1)

I would have thought the dowels would crack or sag given a lot of weight,
some household moisture and a few years of time.

The drawer appeared to be lifting against the top of the frame when pulled
out.

------------------------------

wrote in message ...
I bought some angled glides from Lee Valley, 2 are used on the front rail,
and I
didn't quite know how to use them on the rear, so I decided to try this. It
worked out quite well because the triangle cut prevents side to side
movement,
and the 3 point support makes it wobble free as well. I can also adjust the
fit
by adjusting the rear block.

With some weight in the drawer, the action is very smooth.

Does the whole weight sit on the dowel

Half is on the front rail, half on the back dowel, if the drawer is evenly
loaded.