Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
[email protected] BobF@somewhere.com is offline

Default second cabinet lower section complete (1/1)

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 23:30:16 -0400, "Josepi" wrote:

Interesting slide system for the drawers! I have never seen that one before.

I bought some angled glides from Lee Valley, 2 are used on the front rail, and I
didn't quite know how to use them on the rear, so I decided to try this. It
worked out quite well because the triangle cut prevents side to side movement,
and the 3 point support makes it wobble free as well. I can also adjust the fit
by adjusting the rear block.

With some weight in the drawer, the action is very smooth.

Does the whole weight sit on the dowel

Half is on the front rail, half on the back dowel, if the drawer is evenly
loaded.