Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Aiwa P30 Power Amplifier Fault

On Oct 6, 2:23*pm, M.Joshi wrote:
Thanks for your reply Arfa - I have downloaded the schematic of the
protection IC and will take a look at the test circuit.

The shorted component is definately a zener as the PCB symbol indicates
(a diode symbol with two opposite diagonal tails). *The zener measures
short in circuit and out of circuit too. *I cannot seem to find any data
on it (W162). *Do Japanese manufacturers use W to denote something?

Yes, if W162 is silkscreened on a circuit board, it is likely to refer
to a wire jumper. This would be consistent with a zero ohm reading.