Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
amdx amdx is offline

Default Best Epoxy for...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Best Epoxy for...

I have an aluminum decorative casting, too thin to tap, that I need to
glue a mounting bolt to.

I have adequate room behind the casting to build up a nice fillet
around the bolt head.

What would you recommend?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

I have had good results with Araldite two part epoxy for over 30 years.
Ciba-Gigy sold the adhesives to Huntsman, so now I purchase Huntsman
Fastweld 10.
A search of Araldite has a lot of hits but now they have so many products, I
don't know
what the original was.
So go with the Huntsman Fastweld 10 Rapid setting Epoxy structural
Adhesive.
For Industrial Use.
Huntsman Advanced Materials Americas, Inc
4917 Dawn Ave.
East Lansing Michigan 48823-5691
517-351-5900

I'm sure you can find somewhere closer to purchase it.
Give them a call, maybe they can give a you a local supplier.
Mikek