Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Best Epoxy for...

In article ,
Jim Thompson
wrote:

Best Epoxy for...

I have an aluminum decorative casting, too thin to tap, that I need to
glue a mounting bolt to.

I have adequate room behind the casting to build up a nice fillet
around the bolt head.

What would you recommend?

Clean, degrease, perhaps rough up a tad, and apply whatever epoxy is
handy - heck, hot glue might do it.

If you want to do it really well (or "best", as you start out with),
hunt up some Armstrong A-12, but that hardly seems like where you need
to go for the described use. It does work VERY well.