Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_5_] Oppie[_5_] is offline

Default Replacing this transistor - 2SK2715? - Canon XT Flash.jpg (1/1)

Clipping the leads on this package is sometimes a problem. Using a diagonal
cutters causes the leads to push apart as they separate. This often causes
the pad to rip from the substrate. If you use this method, try to cut on the
vertical to board portion of the lead.
For thick leads, I sometimes remove the bulk of the solder with a wick and
then with heat and a slight upward pull from a hook tool, lift the lead from
the pad. This requires a deft touch and heating as you're just as likely to
lift the pad. I've also used a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel to cut the
pins from the package. Downside of this method is that you get conductive
dust everywhere.

Oppie