Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Abusing a 555.

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Ian Field wrote:

Worst case scenario for whatever wall-wart happens to be ready to
hand.

It's great to design for the possibility that the user will substitute the
wrong power supply, but then you have to take it to the limit and allow
for adapters with reverse polarity, AC output or a much higher voltage.

That can and does happen with bought appliances that originally came with
their own adapter.

These days I make a habit of labelling the wall warts so I know what
appliance they belong to - I doubt many other people do.

Basically any wall wart in the drawer without a label is fair game for
whatever project that's on the go.