Tom Watson

Default corian

On 29 Feb 2004 11:07:28 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Steve Kreitler asks:

I was making some small items from Corian today, cutting them with my
scroll saw, and carving them with a dremel tools. I noticed a chemical smell
during all of this- I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff,
and if it puts out dangerous fumes (I wear a particulate mask, but that
won't do anything for fumes).

According to DuPont, it is made of "natural resins" which can include a lot of
things, some not so great for your breathing apparatus. The MSDS is not
available on-line, at least at their main sites.

http://hazard.com/msds/f2/bqh/bqhtd.html

http://hazard.com/msds/f2/brb/brblk.html

http://hazard.com/msds/f2/brb/brbll.html

http://hazard.com/msds/f2/ccp/ccpqr.html