Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Hal Murray Hal Murray is offline

Default Pulse Stretcher

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:
I need a 10 SECOND pulse stretcher!

I vaguely recall doing that using a counter, but can't recall the
details.

You didn't say much about your environment. If you are building
a board rather than a chip, long delays are simple in software.

Assuming you want to use a counter...

Make a counter that is big enough. Load it with a magic number.
After N cycles, it will overflow. Add glue around the edges to
make it do what you want.

Suppose you have an active low load signal. Wire that to the pulse-out FF.
Set the pulse-out with the pulse-in. Use the carry-out the top to reset
the pulse-out FF. It will sit there reloading itself until you poke it
again.