Charlie Self

Default corian

Steve Kreitler asks:

I was making some small items from Corian today, cutting them with my
scroll saw, and carving them with a dremel tools. I noticed a chemical smell
during all of this- I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff,
and if it puts out dangerous fumes (I wear a particulate mask, but that
won't do anything for fumes).

According to DuPont, it is made of "natural resins" which can include a lot of
things, some not so great for your breathing apparatus. The MSDS is not
available on-line, at least at their main sites.

I'd suggest you use a respirator style mask with the material if you're getting
fumes.

Charlie Self
I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html