Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Piezo capacitance

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 01:53:05 +0100, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone have good guess for the capacitance of a 1" diameter piezo
disk?

Likewise, how much capacitance in around 100' of typical telephone
twisted pair?

...Jim Thompson

To both questions, measure it?
the cable for example,connect to a scope(multimeter),
feed it from a source(there a re nice tonegenerator programs
for xp and soundcard),and compare voltages, then calculate
capacity.
Same method for the piezo.
Or check out an internetshop for them, and see if they
have technical specs.
Also, anumber of multimeters have

I don't have a signal generator, but do have a multimeter and a scope.

I guess I can measure risetime of the final circuit and then beef up
as needed.

Amazing how many ridiculous answers you can get here :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |