Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jan[_4_] Jan[_4_] is offline

Default Electronics Cookbook(?)

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:34:35 -0500, Alan Corey
wrote:

I'm looking for a copy of a book I used to have back in the 1980s. It
was orange, paperback, maybe 6x8 x 1/2 inches. I think the title was
just Electronics Cookbook. I don't remember who wrote it, maybe Forest
Nims.

It had basic circuits: amplifiers, oscillators, etc. of different types.
There were 2 pages or so devoted to each circuit, the advantages,
disadvantages, how to optimize for different parameters, typical input
and output impedances. It was mostly linear/analog circuitry.

If I could find out the exact title and author's name, maybe an ISBN
number, I could look on eBay or Amazon or somwhere.

Anyone remember what the output impedance of a grounded-gate FET preamp
is? This book would have it.

Thanks,

Alan AB1JX

I have a copy of this book.
It was titled Engineers notebook II by Mims 1982 and this book from
Amazon looks like the latest revision.
Type this into Amazon search
Forrest Mims Engineer's Notebook paperback

Regards James