Frank Shute

Default Anyone use CAD software to design projects?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:21:04 GMT, Bruce wrote:

In rec.woodworking
"Swingman" wrote:

It's a bit more involved than AutoCAD. I just pick my first point and
then enter:

@15,30

or whatever.

Might be worth trying that to see if it's an undocumented feature.

Thank you very much, Frank! ... if it isn't precisely the same, at least I
have a trail, and ideas, to follow. I'll play with it this evening and let
you know how it turns out.

That is correct, the first coord being the X axis, which is left to right,
positive moving to the right. The next is the Y axis, positive being up.

You can also draw a line at an angle with relative coords like:

@645

These are known as polar coordinates rather than relative/rectangular
coordinates. He's also using QuickCAD and not AutoCAD, so I don't
know if that input notation will work with his software.

Draw a 6" line at 45 degrees. ) degrees is flat left to right so this line
would go up to the right. To go up to the left:

@6135

The post was about drawing a rectangle so polar coordinates aren't a
lot of use in that situation....or I've never found them to be. Useful
for lines as you indicate and Swingman can find out how to use them on
p.107 of his manual.

--

Frank

http://www.freebsd.org/