Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Gutter/Downspout/Drain Question

"tim birr" wrote in message
OP again:

Not sure I understand questions, but I have around a dozen downspouts.
All pretty much come straight down from the roof. All go into clay
pipe openings (except one) and eventually connect to a big clay-type
underground pipe (maybe 6-inch diameter) that gradually slopes across
the yard and then down to the ditch. This runs freely at the ditch and
the mouth of the outlet is packed tight with pea gravel.

No problems at any downspout but the problem downspout.. The problem
downspout comes straight down from the roof, but does not enter a clay
pipe directly. It enters a thin-walled galvanized pipe that is set in
concrete and the pipe goes through a cement slab.

The pipe is near the edge of the slab and the water is bubbling up
from under the edge of the slab.

It has not washed out much soil yet, but this winter it probably will.

I could easily disconnect the gutter downspout from the "pipe in the
cement," and do some alternate type of drainage, but would prefer to
keep the old system if possible. Just not sure what I will find when
I get down there and start digging.

I'd try some things before digging.

Steve