Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default Vibration at Part-off

On Oct 6, 9:21*am, Rosie wrote:
My CNC Cincinnati Hawk 150 started to make a big noise/vibration while
Part-off. I make the machine turn counterclockwise with the tool
upside down. Somebody told me the problem could be (this is only a
possibility) the ways are worn because it's not a normal/good practice
to use the CNC that way for Part-off.

What do you think about ?
Has somebody had this problem?
What do you suggest, changing the ways is a very expensive test to do,
I have a small machine shop and I need this machine for my biggest
customer.

Thanks very much

My experience if only with manual machines, but normally the forces
push down on the tool post and down on the ways. Most lathes are
designed that way. If I understand what you are doing, the forces
are pulling up on the tool post and trying to pull the tool post up
off the ways. That may be the cause of your problems.