John Carlson

Default first time bandsaw user/owner blade question

Pick up a copy of this month's edition of Fine Woodworking, which
contains a review of bandsaw blades. (Timberwolf was rated mediocre.
There are better blades for the money, or equally good blades for less
money.)

On 27 Feb 2004 11:54:11 -0800, (Wookie) wrote:

Hiya folks, I need to look at some blades for a Grizzly G0555 14"
bandsaw w/6" riser kit I just ordered yesterday (WOOOO HOOOO!!!).
First off, many thanks to all who've written here about this bandsaw -
I probably wouldn't have purchased it without all the positive (and
negative) feedback I've read here.

Secondly, I'm green when it comes to bandsaws. I just picked up the
Duginske Bandsaw Bench Reference and have been reading it like a man
possessed! I'm up to the point where he discusses blades. I never
knew there were so many and I'm a bit confused on what I should get to
start and play around with. I understand the blade that ships with
the thing isn't very high quality, maybe that is my best starting
point but what do I get by going to a more expensive blade (timberwolf
seems to be the group fav as best I can tell)?

I plan on using the bandsaw to cut wide radius curves and resaw. I
will be using a variety of woods, both hard and soft.

thanks in advance for any help!!
Eric

-- jc
Published e-mail address is strictly for spam collection.
If e-mailing me, please use jc631 at optonline dot net